Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

FINALLY, an April Fool's joke on me.

It came in the form of an email from the Facebook We're Related team, letting me know that I'm related, fourth cousin once removed, to Barack Obama.

Not so fast, FB. The way they figure it, I have a grandparent directly descended from Charles James Smith and Pearl Marie Petersen. Well, that's just not true, guys. Try names like Sullivan, Miley, Lyons, Herrmann, Buch, Koppelkamm and Scheuer, and I might believe you.

Not that I have anything against CJ and Pearl Marie, or Barack Obama for that matter, but they just aren't hanging around on a limb in my family tree!

You big kidders, FB!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!!! If everyone believes that we all have great-grandmothers named Pearl Marie, then you deserve to be fooled! My names were the exact same on "my tree". You would have to get a lot more Southern with the last names than that to make my family tree.

Anonymous said...

I got the exact same thing. Charles James Smith and Pearl Marie Petersen, then my grandparents, my parents and supposedly me! Right! I know who my gandparents parents were!!

Linda G said...

Hahahaha!! They couldn't put one over on you!! We know our family tree:) XO L.