Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy New Year!

Mom celebrating her new hip on Xmas Eve
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I just needed a break. Life got busy, my attention span got stuck in short mode, and I ignored the blog and my 3 followers. It happens every couple of years or so. Hey, I didn't even get my Christmas cards out yet!

But I got a nudge, and I will start off 2014 with good intentions. I've had an infusion of Boston energy after a month's visit to help Mom recover from hip replacement surgery. She's 86, and has had trouble walking since Dad entered his end zone 3 years ago. She finally had enough. She missed her mobility, driving her car, visiting friends, and the walls were closing in. I am happy to say she sailed through the surgery, and is working on walking with a cane with her visiting PT. When the weather becomes more cooperative in Boston, I am sure she'll be out and about in no time.

So the next few posts will catch you up on a just few significant events of the last 6 months.

No comments: