Monday, September 24, 2007

Chain Smoking

My sister from OR came up to play this weekend. We always have a good time, and this visit was no exception. We hiked, we touristed, we ate burgers and brats at Hooba's, we tasted wine, played National Park Monopoly (I had to work some tough deals to beat my 9 year old niece)...and as always, we talked politics. We haven't figured out how to save the world yet, but we're working on it. A few more bottles of Wind River Cellars Tempranillo, and we just might do it. That's me tasting some of their Cabernet Franc right out of the barrel, with my better half on the left, and winemaker Joel in the middle.

Now back to why I entitled this "Chain Smoking"...At one point my sister and I were talking about cigarette taxes. I shared my friend Susan's recent blog on the Congressional vote and the tobacco companies post card response to my former congressman's vote. My sister shared this delightful piece in return: Mr. Butt's Big Day
Check them out. Now I'm going to go learn how to link to my favorite blogs....

2 comments:

TexasSusan said...

We just gotta get us a Mr. Butts. We've been totally out of butts since Tom DeLay resigned.

Fenway Fran said...

Aww c'mon...there are PLENTY of butts around...though not any quite like hot tub tom's!