Thursday, November 29, 2007

For My Friends in Warm Places

Today we are savoring a snowy DAY after a snowy NIGHT. Glad we don't have to go anywhere. This is what I woke up seeing this morning. That's right. Open eyes, see this. The birds are having a feast at the feeder. Blue Jays, chickadees, sparrows, juncos, Eat At DK's neon signs must be pointing the way.
The driveway is getting covered. Lloyd drove the Outlander to the street to see how it did on our steep gravel driveway. Test result: A plus.
Had to shovel the slush off the front deck earlier, but it's coming down a little drier by noon.
Brindle likes this stuff. Fun to romp in, fun to make yellow snow on, fun to eat. Just like a kid.

Our walk was messy at times, slippery at times, but beautiful and peaceful. And not windy. Here's a snowy gorge view from our walk.
So we came back home and are decking the halls. Inside. How nice and cozy.



2 comments:

mordecai said...

Hey Fran - enjoy your pics and musings. Heard of you from that anachronistic anarchist with the Big Blue Butt. Love her lampooning of the fulminating and righteous evangelicals, salivating lecherously with their pantyhose down over their wingtips. She's terrific. She starts my day off smiling with her Voltairian iconoclastic barbs. May her tribe increase. And yours.

We live in Vancouver, just west of you. Two old liberal lovers of peace and dogs and cats.

Please keep on blogging.

Mordecai Ham

TexasSusan said...

Mordecai - I heard that you were over here calling me the Anti-Christ. I was going to be all mad about it, but now that I see you called me an anarchist, I guess I don't feel so bad. Anarchy has it's good points - no Republicans.