Monday, February 11, 2008

Other Voices in the Wilderness

I'm feeling a little less lonely. I just read two op eds in the NYTimes online that made my day. I knew I'd be happy with Paul Krugman when I saw his title, "Hate Springs Eternal". Then I saw Sunday's article, by Nicholas Kristof, "When Women Rule". How perfect was that! Honest, I never saw it before I wrote the earlier post today. Highly recommended reading.

On a less frustrating note, today we got the new hot tub hooked up. It's full. It's running. It's still freakin' cold, but maybe by tomorrow night it will be toasty. It certainly will be ready for me on Saturday night after the full moon ski at Atkinson Sno-park!

And just for all of you who don't know what to do on a gray day in February in the Gorge, GO SKIING ANYWAY! You just might see this! Yep, a rainbow!

2 comments:

mordecai said...

Interesting angle. Jason Linkins in Huff Post provides perspective, reminding me of Freud's quip that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Hillary's elbows are as sharp as her ankles are thick, certainly a non-issue in the world of realpolitik. I salute both HRC and Obama for courage and vision. Go Dems!

Fenway Fran said...

yessiree,we have no bad choices. It's encouraging to hear the polls that say over 70 percent of each HRC and Obama supporters would be happy with the other if their candidate loses. Remember the words of Paul Begala: Republicans want to fall in line, Democrats want to fall in love. We're falling in line this time, once the lovefest is over!!!!!!