Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ah Ha Moment

It has come to my front brain that one of the reasons I have not been writing so much here is that the newness of my new 'hood has worn off a bit, and there are a lot of 'repeat' experiences I don't want to bore people with. When I have them, I will share them. Because I do have new ones on a regular basis.

My brain has been too full of politics. As a PCO, County Chair and a State Committeewoman, it's no wonder. I've tried to keep politics off my blog so as not to alienate some of my friends and family who don't think as I do. But then, my true friends and closest family will understand that we can disagree and still love each other. Takes all varieties to make a can of mixed nuts great!

It is not easy being a person who pays attention to and cares about politics. I don't WANT to. I would like to just live my life la ti da every day and say the hell with it. But I can't. It's not me. I care because politics, like it or not, affects that every day life. People need to think about it. Maybe if they think about it, they'll research a little more before they vote. Heck, maybe they'll actually VOTE!

So, to my dear friends who read this and do not agree with my politics, nothing personal. You can skip the politics alert entries. Or you can read them for another perspective. I just can't NOT do this any more. There is too much at stake.

1 comment:

Susan said...

You go, Girl Between the two of us, we'll take on all comers and holler for Hal if they gang up on us!

You are right - it is too important to pretend it is not there.