Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

I finally went through the box of decorations and put up the candy corn light, the glow in the dark skeleton, the hanging black caped skeleton head, a few rubber bats and spiders, and the candle lanterns. We don't get many trick or treaters, so I don't go crazy.

When I was done pulling out all those scary things, I found this:


It's a poem that Keara wrote in 1996, when she was in 5th grade at AIS-Lagos.

The Goblins Three, The Skeletons Two

As I stumbled through the wood,
I couldn't have stopped if I wished that I could,
Some goblins and skeletons stepped in my way
And as tehy took me they started to say,
"We're the goblins three, the skeletons two,
You didn't watch out so we got you."

And yet as they slept I slipped away
And ran out fo the wood to a sunny day.
So if you go stumbling into a wood
Remember as much, just as much if you could
About the goblins three, the skeletons two.
And you better watch out before they get
You!

Sometimes it pays to go to the bottom of the box. You never know what kind of treasures you may have there. Below is the one photo I have from that Halloween, Keara (l) with friends Brittany Hilton and Lucy Simpson. They were scary, whatever they were.

No comments: