Monday, July 30, 2012

Always Have a Plan B

My two fellow delegates from CD3 and I were pretty excited after our blogging workshop in Seattle yesterday with Andrew Villeneauve from the Northwest Progressive Institute. We were happily heading south on I-5 when flashing lights warned us: Traffic accident ahead. All lanes blocked. 2 mile back up.

Hmmm. Things were moving well...decisions, decisions. We went with cautious, and decided to take a detour across the lake on I-90, on down I-405 to Renton. I was happy the driver and copilot knew their way around Seattle enough to know to do that! Except we took the wrong exit. Retake. We went back around, now the flashing signs said 5 mile back up. No question, take the alternate route. We got it right that time.

While it added a little time to our trip, we rejoined I-5 with no problems (and VERY light traffic from the north), and sailed on to Vancouver. After a quick bite to eat with Liz, I drove back to the Gorge, and got home in time to watch a little bit of gymnastics before heading to bed. And enjoy a much needed glass of wine.

Today's Seattle Times detailed the delay. We made the right choice, missing out on a car chase, a shooting, a rolled Kia, and fender benders near the Boeing exit. YIKES!

No comments: