Friday, October 5, 2007

Game Two

Getting all my chores done so I can watch teevee this afternoon. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, with a fresh blanket of snow on Mt. Hood. Will download a pic later for your viewing pleasure, and to make all my TX friends feel cooler.

I think my friend J's Bosox Shrine put the hex on the Yankees last night. Every post season, J lovingly displays her shrine on her mantle. It includes her Impossible Dream album, a '67 World Series ticket and scoah cahd, a BOS bumpah stickah, a signed Bobby Doerr bat, and my contribution, a giant Charlie Brown pez head with a B cap that plays Take Me Out to the Ball Game when you extract a pez. In the past few post seasons, we'd meet at the shrine, open a bottle of pinot grigio, and watch a game or two. We have to do it long distance now. My wine is chillin' and my cell phone is charged. Meet you at the game, J!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm honored to be a part of Ms. Fenway Fran's Blog!!! I even bought hot dawgs for the game tonight. I'll be there with you in spirit, cell phone and maybe even a Pinot Grigio. Here we go; Game 2!!!

Fenway Fran said...

The shrine was too good not to share. Thanks for the great photo! You are a true fan.