Monday, October 15, 2007

More Harvest Day Fun

Here's part two of the Harvest Day expedition.

They've got quite an efficient little system at Wind River Cellars...
After we grunts cut and haul the grapes to the big wooden bins, a tractor arrives to take them to the winery. The big box of grapes is emptied into the top of the contraption that looks like it belongs in a a game of Mouse Trap:
Then the grapes slide down and the good stuff is separated from the bad, just like my handy dandy Kitchenaid tool I use on apples. Here are some nice Riesling grapes ready to go! When they've gone through the 'mill', they go into the press, that reddish machine you can see in the background of the first picture. And that, my friends, was as far as I got before I was waylayed by some potent Tempranillo...the impaired photographer could not be corrected by the autofocus...

No comments: