Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Celtics Totally ROCK!

I'm enjoying the heck out of the game tonight. I am old enough to remember the tense days of the Lakers-Celts rivalries. Tonight, the Celtics have the Boston Fever. It's HOT there in the Gahden. One more qwa-tah to go. Don't stop guys. It's not in the bag yet. (Boston fan attitude).

So, I apologize to my handful of fans. I haven't been posting too much lately. My excuses are many. I am a grand master(mistress?) of excuses.

10. I've had a LOT of company. Lee and Wayne left. Mary and Syd came, Karen came, Mary and Syd left, Lloyd invited the Australians from a river trip, Karen is leaving tomorrow, Jeanne and her gang are coming in Friday. I love it.
9. It's been GORGEouse out here. The weather has finally gotten into the 70's, clear and sunny. Time to be outside.
8. My dandy new Vista equipped computer has been giving me fits. I am a big fan of those Mac/PC commercials. Since the last major Vista update, my cursor has been freezing. Any suggestions?
7. The dog is shedding like crazy. Thank God for the 'furminator'. To my friends with dogs, get one of these. You won't regret it.
6. The lettuce needs harvesting. It's growing like mad. I thought the chard would do better, but something is eating it. Perhaps all the bunnies in the neighborhood. We had to cage the tomatoes, not for the plants themselves but to keep the animals off them. Perhaps the deer. Two nights ago there were two young bucks grazing in our plot. We were driving past them, and they didn't even blink. I yelled out the window, Lloyd honked the horn. What, you want something? They finally ran over to the neighbor's yard and stood there looking at us as we drove by. Too much testosterone, I say.
5. Kris had a date with the girls, Joel had a meeting, I got the call to cover the WRC tasting room. It was a blast. I even sold some wine! I'm ready for Gorge Games duty!
4. Lloyd and Karen had to go rafting, and SOMEONE had to take pictures. So I braved poison oak, briars, and boulders to get pics of them on their rafting trip. I passed on the trip. My neck is FINALLY feeling better after the winter's xc skiing crashes. Not willing to risk a relapse.
3. I'm having too much fun reading about my old 'hood on KMBBB.
2. Did I tell you the weather's been great?
1. Did I mention I live in Paradise?

Peace out.

1 comment:

TexasSusan said...

Caging the tomatoes again, are ya? You gotta watch those mean little devils. They'll escape in the dark of night, raid your home, and paint all your bathroom walls mauve.

We even had some who soiled the carpet, checked rightwing books out of the library using our cards, and left scum marks on the bathtub rim. No, wait, maybe that was the squash.

Got an extra cage?