Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Lousey Recession Proof Job

While I was back in Boston last month, I was helping my school nurse sister clean up the kitchen and deal with a mountain of junk mail. One flyer caught my eye. It was from The Nit Picker. I asked my sister, is this for real? Yep. There's a woman in suburban Boston who will deal with your child's head lice for $100 an hour. She'll come to your school and check your classes. A visit to my sister's private school to inspect the heads of all K-3 students cost a mere $700. You can also book her to give a seminar on lice at your school, should there be an outbreak to distress parents. That will be $150 an hour for a two hour seminar, plus travel expenses.

I checked the business website, and the most important job skills needed are patience attention to detail. Oh, and you can't be turned off by the sight of the little buggers (above, shown with hair shaft and attached egg). So gear up this summer with a training program and you could be ready for the fall rush. I was amazed to find other similar companies, like Lice Fighters (NJ,NY,CT) and Lousey Nitpickers in CA, serving the needs of LA, San Diego and Orange County. So if you're looking for a new business opportunity, use your head: find a 'nitche' and fill it!

1 comment:

Tigerlily said...

This is for real!! Lovely picture- I even have a Nit Picker apron I wear at school with pockets for various 'things' I might need!! ...and you thought you all had fun jobs!!
Lorrie's sister with all the junk mail:)