Monday, November 10, 2008

More Home Depot Please

In case there was any question, I'm still alive. I had a great trip to Beantown and got my fix of Boston, fall foliage, and most importantly, my girls and family. But all good things come to an end, and it's back to remodelsville.

Now that the new windows and walls are all in, it's up to us to get the painting done before cabinets arrive and wood trim goes on. Because of layoffs at the cabinet factory, delivery is delayed until Dec 8. We're making good progress on the painting, and Lloyd got the subflooring in. The vinyl tile we ordered should be here in a week or so. By the time the cabinets arrive, we'll have the floor done, too. I am looking forward to getting my laundry back.

I finished the kitchen and hall painting over the weekend. Today I put the first coat on the laundry/powder room...a nice Butter Yellow. There are no windows in this room, so I wanted yellow. The master bath is the same as the bedroom, Relaxing Green. I got the first coat on that today as well. Lloyd meanwhile did all the priming, ceilings and living room walls. I love the names of paint. The living room is Swiss Coffee. The office will be Swiss Coffee, too. I'll add some photos tomorrow. It's too dark to get good pictures now.

The White Clay painted kitchen is, well, kind of purple. It didn't look anything near purple in the store on the chip. The good news is, it really looks great behind Lloyd's mother's beautiful vineyard cross stitch that I have on the wall. And with the Kona Beige Silestone countertop. So we'll live with it. I'll just accent with blues and purples. Works for me. My compost jar is blue, in honor of the retired formica. And we have tons of lavendar plants to harvest next summer for the powder room. I think there is some African Art that will work in the hall. So there.

Flooring is the big dilemma. Carpet? Wood? Vinyl? Laminate? One thing is for sure, the light colored Berber that has serviced two previous owners and three renters, all with pets and kids, has GOT to GO! I am afraid we'll need HazMat gear to pull up the carpet and pad. We go back and forth on what to do. Stay tuned. Also, if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post comments. The kitchen/dining area currently has Pergo in dire need of replacement.

So, my wrists and hands are dead tired right now. Thanks to the rarely used Crock Pot, there is a nice split pea with ham soup for supper. More later.

No comments: