Friday, November 21, 2008

Take THAT, Blackberries

I made a bit of a mess, but it's done. The first vintage of blackberry wine is bottled, corked and stored. The big five gallon jug yielded 22 bottles plus a couple of glasses, which Lloyd and I drank last night. Yes, it was actually drinkable! Local winemakers need not fear, however.

The guy at the wine making/brewing store said I'd get about 2 cases. So while the yeast and sugar did their thing on the mashed blackberries, we set about drinking red wine and saving the bottles, to save money and recycle the glass of course. Thrifty and Green.

I easily spilled a bottle's worth siphoning from the big jug. I am NOT going to figure out how much this little adventure cost me. I've got the set up now, and there will be more blackberries. And next time I probably won't spill as much, what with all my 'experience'.

So when you come visit, I'll pour you a glass and you can tell me what you think!

I need to work on a label now. And a clever name.

No comments: