Saturday, August 29, 2009

Reporting Live From Boston

Since arriving on the scene, we've had two tropical storms (Bill and Danny-what's with it boys?) that to be honest have been little piddles compared to what I'm used to from the Gulf Coast. I've been shopping with Keara, helped Linda with Kevin's graduation party, seen three sisters, two of 5 Cape cousins, several old friends from college and fisheries days (with more on the schedule tonight and next week), had lunch at the Twin Willows in Narragansett (chowdah and clam cakes) and Sam's Seafood in Falmouth (fried clam plate-with bellies, god they were good). I'm getting full coverage of all things Kennedy and Red Sox.

It's so great to be able to watch EVERY game on NESN. To put icing on the cake, Rem Dawg (Jerry Remy) is back in the booth after his cancer treatment and Tim Wakefield picked up where he left off before his injury before the All Star break. Last night's game was tied in the 8th when the tarps came out for almost an hour of rain delay. I couldn't keep my eyes open after our little road trip, so I went to bed, and found out this morning that they had indeed won. But I did see the play of the game, which I will treat you to here. This is why Jason Varitek is such a big part of this team.

Now excuse me, I have to go pay my respects at Ted's funeral.

No comments: