Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thank You Santa!

Every year my 6 siblings and I rotate who we buy a Christmas gift for. It's fun, helps all our budgets, and gives us a chance to focus on ONE person that year and make them feel special.This year my youngest sister Carol had me. I got a beautiful calendar of photos she took of Boston. It's wonderful. And she sent me a gift card for Williams Sonoma. A place I will happily window shop (or peruse online now since we live so far away from one) but rarely buy from. After much consideration, we decided on the perfect prize. It came today.

Thank you Carol, for the most wonderful Raclette Table Top Grill. Now all I need to do is get the cheese and we will amuse and amaze our friends with this fabulous and fun way to eat.

We discovered raclette on our trips to France and Switzerland, a staple at the outrageous buffets at Club Med ski clubs. We even bought a machine for our home in Lagos, but sold it there when we transferred back to the US (it was 220 so wouldn't work without a transformer). We've been raclette-less since 1997. No more. Stay tuned for adventures in table top cooking....

No comments: