Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Progress Report

Apologies to the gang, I didn't make it to lunch today. It was a very busy day at the homestead. We had John the electrician here, Pete and Terry-the counter guys, and the usual cast of characters (Terry and Matt, who have been on the job a week now).

Last week, team Terry and Matt built a temp wall so we could stay in our bedroom at night and still breath, keeping a lot of the dust at bay (there's still plenty of dust).The last few days we have seen our first floor bathrooms and laundry room disappear, leaving behind studs and holes in the floor.

Windows going away, then coming back in the form of new vinyl energy conserving ones.The blue formica countertop cut into sections and removed so the new one could be templated.

I never thought I'd miss Big Blue so much, but a kitchen without counters is like.. heck, skip the simile, it's USELESS! There will be much eating out in the next week or so.
Now there is a gaping hole in the living room wall where a new picture window is going.

Did I tell you it was in the 30's last night? That there is new snow on Hood and Adams???

I've been knitting Lloyd an icelandic sweater in the evenings. Got a lot done last night with the debate and all. It's nearly finished. I've proudly broken the 5 year sweater jinx. I knew it was all those hot places I was living. They are not conducive to knitting with wool. Photo soon, upon completion.

2 comments:

TexasSusan said...

It looks great, but where's my room?

Fenway Fran said...

The 'guest rooms' are intact. In fact, they will be full next weekend for Harvest Day at Wind River Cellars. Just have to take the wash tub and dish drainer out of the upstairs bath...