Saturday, October 4, 2008

Take THAT Rally Monkeys!

My sweetie and I went out for our 27th anniversary dinner last night at the Good River Restaurant in Mosier. It's our new 'nice dinner' place. As I sipped my O'Reilly's Pinot Gris, waiting for the Alaskan Rockfish to arrive at the table, my cell phone buzzed. It was Jill, with an update on the ballgame. I got in a little trouble for texting at the dinner table, but after 31 years of full disclosure of my Red Sox 'condition', I was forgiven.

I stifled my thumbs, put the phone on silent, and waited til I got home to watch the rest of the game. I was not disappointed. Another excellent game that went right down to the wire. And once again, the boys from Beantown came through, much to the huge disappointment of the LA fans. The Rally Monkeys seem to have lost their magical powers. What can I say? The Sox are firing on all cylinders right now. May it continue back at Fenway, on Beckett Sunday.

I love the playoffs.

No comments: