Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Number One Daughter

Exactly 23 years ago today, my life improved a gazillion percent, when this little sweetie came into my life. OK, I know it's not the newborn pic, I don't have that one scanned. This couple months old one will have to do. Thanks for turning me into Mom. It's been (and continues to be) a great gig.

A couple of my favorite Keara pictures. I've got a gazillion of them. These were the easiest to access. Keara with the Bertha, or is it Lois?, in CA.

Keara with Zack, our beloved, cute, notsobright cocker spaniel. He'd allow her to do anything with him, except be near his food bowl (he was an adopted stray).

Tinkerbell for Halloween, Lloyd was Peter Pan. I made their costumes. Call me crazy. Lloyd is grateful that I didn't post her first Halloween with matching devil costumes. His was a red leotard...

Tonight she's out with her friends at an Irish pub singing karaoke. Prophetic or what? Must be the Sully in her.

To celebrate today, we're getting new carpet. Big Whoop! You will notice in the photo to the right that it is a nice 'dirt' color. I love that in a carpet.

We have our dining area full of living room, and the office nook is full of bedroom, including king size bedrails, head and footboards, two dressers, mirror, bookcase, oh, and the piano and a small cabinet.

Yesterday was a fun (and antihistimine) filled day, ripping up the old carpet, padding, nails, staples, and assorted pieces of metal and dirt and dust and animal fibers. Good bye, white berber. Have fun disintegrating at the dump. Say hello to Big Blue for me. We saved ourselves $500 by doing it ourselves. That should help with K's birthday shopping spree for new 'work clothes'.

I decided to take a self portrait with my mask on. I did not consider background on my first attempt, and ended up with this fine effort which includes a perfectly centered helicopter beanie (ceiling fan). Yeah, I thought you'd like that. It made me laugh, too. A hand drawn mouth would have been an improvement, though. Next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost beats a sack over your head!