Sunday, July 27, 2008

Adios, Manny

UPDATE: July 31st, at the trading deadline
Manny is off to Dodger Stadium. Hasta la vista, baby!

So Manny Being Manny would approve a trade if the Sox found a deal. Don't let the door smack you in the rear on the way out of Fenway.

Enough is enough, as Manny said himself. Whenever one person thinks he's bigger than the team, it weakens the team. The Pats, the Sox and the Celtics have found recent success by acting like a team. Fenway's a small pahk. There's no room for your ego, Manny. Maybe you can go to NY and play with that other traitor, Johnny Damon. And Steinbrenner will make you shave and cut your dreds.
Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye.

And that's all I'm gonna say on that subject.
In the big scheme of things, you're a small deal, Manny.

3 comments:

mordecai said...

Yes, Manny has an outsized ego but what an electrifying and solid performer, what an entertainer! He provided such a fun antidote to the fecund self-righteousness of Boston's other great player, the smarmy, rightwing Curt Billy Graham Schilling. When Schilling uses his considerable intellect and athletic fame to promote the war and all things Cheney he makes me want to pray his bloody foot develops gangrene and falls off.

Thanks for your warm tribute to Cindy and the pic of her dog.

Mordecai

Bean said...

Agreed, fun to watch but keeps opening his trap when we're DONE listening! Enough..... and GO SOX!

Fenway Fran said...

Maybe he just needs to talk like that to motivate himself...he sure put his words into action last night. I love Mike Lowell's comment, that sometimes Manny makes you laugh, sometimes he makes you roll your eyes and your head spins. How true. That said, I do get weary of big boys, who play sports for more money than the GDP of a small country, when they complain. I guess if I can overlook CBG Schilling's righteousness, I can roll my eyes at Manny. I won't let my head spin, though, my neck is messed up! Thanks, Mordecai, for revisiting that bloody ankle image!