Thursday, August 7, 2008

Religion, Plumbers and Chocolate Mary

Looks like Susan and Granny Geek are having a holy war this week. Susan's been taking pictures around town with blatant religious advertising for very mundane things and services, from car lots to tire companies to yesterday's plumber van. Granny Geek is great with a camera, and has thrown down the gauntlet with her plumbing company photo. I never did understand people who feel the need to advertise their religion. Seems like that should be a personal thing. You know, between you and God. It's all rather amusing, so I guess I'll have to dig out the photo I've been saving in reserve.

Background: MLK Weekend we were at my sister Mary's house. We had a great dinner, then it came time for dessert. Mary brought out these wonderful individual cheesecake thingys that she made. But there was one we just couldn't eat. Matt wanted to, but we wouldn't let him.

We call her 'Chocolate Madonna'. Mary put her back into the freezer, in case we had the news media breaking down the door someday, especially if there are any other sightings in Yamhill County. That, and you never know when you might need the help of the Virgin Mary. I know it's not as funny as a plumber with direct links to the big guy, but it is pretty cool. I'd almost forgotten about her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so confused. If that's chocolate Madonna where did we we get the pasty stoner looking dude in all the paintings. Must have been a recessive gene!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to see her Fran, is she holding an infant?

Fenway Fran said...

Of course she is! Her head is on the right, follow her curving arm down. There's a little head poking up just about wrist level. With a halo, no less .Now just because her 'dress' whips up into a U, don't let that distract you! You gotta have faith!

sterncommish said...

Yes, she's still in the freezer! I took her out to show Marua & Judy when they were visiting last month. They were shocked and awed!!!

Should I put her on e-bay when Iget back to OR????