Saturday, August 16, 2008

Procrastinators Not So Anonymous

Okay people. Listen up.

I know there's a lot going on. I'm busy. You're busy. We're all busy.

That's why we should be HAPPY that Washington State has a mail in ballot. Black or Blue in your boxes, put it in the pink envelope, sign the yellow envelope, put the pink one inside. Seal. Then either put a lousy stamp on it and walk it to your mailbox, or stop by the local drop box.

Is it that hard???? I know it's 'just' a primary. But it all starts with primaries. And the State has decided that the top two regardless of party get to go to the big game in November. So no whining about the two party system. I personally don't like it, but it's the rule now, so I'm voting so I can live with myself. Please do same.

Our local Dems got the report on votes in so far. Our county return is PATHETIC. Only 11 people have returned their ballots out of over 400 who voted in our county caucus. Heck, we had 88 people who cared enough to be DELEGATES. Where are you all?

Now I confess, I'm not one of the 11. I'm a charter member of Procrastinators Anonymous. But this morning I took 3 family ballots down to the local drop box. So now we have at least 14 in. Big whoop. This is embarrassing. There are people around the world who would give anything to be able to vote so easily.

I don't care who you vote for. Just vote. Do it NOW.

This has been a public service announcement.

No comments: