Saturday, August 30, 2008

Say Goodbye to the Summer

I've been coasting here, visiting with my friends from Texas (origins near my own in MA), enjoying the end of summer and all that means (playoff push for the Sox, beating the Yankees on the last stand in NY, the US Open). And worrying about my buds on the Gulf Coast, glad I no long have to worry about hurricane anyname, but concerned for all of them.

But I'm getting pretty ticked at all the emails I've been seeing from friends' friends who are McCain supporters, waxing poetic on the virtues of his VP choice. All I can think to say is, worst match up since Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. Having been the mother of a two at age 44, one age 10 and one age 7, I cannot imagine being the mother of 5 at the same time in my life, one with special needs, and having the time to be vice president of the PTA, never mind the USA. In fact, some of the PTA's I've been in were probably bigger than the town where Ms Palin was Mayor.

I supported Hillary Clinton because of her credentials and her smarts, not her gender. What on earth is McCain thinking? I'd support him because he chooses a female VP? I think not. Not even a nice try. How insulting. A man in his 7o's running for president chooses a total lightweight for his running mate. To try and get the female and conservative vote. He can't possibly have fully vetted this one. I'll bet there are more than a few GOP women wondering why they didn't get the call....Mac's got some 'splainin to do.

Sorry, John. You blew it. I can't wait for the VP debates. Have fun, Joe. I'll bring the popcorn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what I am reading on your blog !! MOM