Sunday, September 28, 2008

Have a Little Hate with your Sunday Paper

Anyone else get a free sample in your morning paper?

We opened our Oregonian today and a "free one hour pre release" dvd Obsession: Radical Islam's War on the West fell out. I peeled back the dvd to reveal the hidden message under it. "The threat of Radical Islam is the most important issue facing us today." (really? I think there might be a few more.) "But it's a topic that neither of the presidential candidates, nor the media are discussing openly." (really? I hear enough about it. And I live in the boonies.) " AH, here's the bottom line: "It's our responsibility to ensure we can make an informed vote in November."

The excuse the publishers are using is that it is like any other piece of paid advertising and they could see no reason to reject it. Freedom of speech and all.

Hate speech.

Just to show my open mind, I will watch this important piece of advertising, and let you know what I think. I'm afraid it's just another sound bite, scare em to death, kill the muslims piece of swiftboating trash. Maybe I'm wrong. But the list of papers receiving this free entertainment are in such places as Florida, MI,OH, NY, CO, NH, Iowa, NM and WI. That says something. Only people in these states deserve to see this movie????? HMMMMMMMM.

Way to ruin my morning newspaper and coffee ritual. Thanks, The Clarion Fund. And Oregonian. I'm writing you next.

No comments: