Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oh Happy Day In White Salmon

THE BREW PUB IS OPEN!!!!! So we're off to Everybody's Brewing for dinner. Heard there was a line out the door on Thursday, so we want to get there early. I guess they were overwhelmed with the response, since they didn't advertise the opening. Review to follow....

Update: The place is beautiful! And there's a biergarten out on the back deck. We sat outside at the communal picnic tables. Sit where there's room, meet your townfolk (and a few Portlanders). Since I'd already had a few wine samples when we stopped up at WRC for the previously scheduled but not happening Run for the Bulls Tempranillo event (winemaker went to Seattle for the football game I guess), so I ordered a glass of wine. They aren't making their own beer just yet, some water issues or something, so they have some regional guest brews on tap. Lloyd tried a Rogue Dead Guy. What a name. He said it was tasty. The menu is good pub grub, simple, just enough choices. One popular choice, sweet potato fries, were not available...everyone wanted them, so I'm sure that will be remedied. I'm not a big fries person, but I ate every one that came with my grilled chicken/roasted red pepper/muenster/caramelized onion/aioli on ciabatta. Lloyd started at the beginning of the menu and had the burger. Two thumbs up on the food. We vow to become regulars.

No comments: