Friday, December 19, 2008

It's STILL Snowing

We had one day off, Monday, when it looked like this out the back windows. If you look closely, you'll see the moon setting over Underwood.

Since then, it's been snowing constantly.


This is the view when I opened my eyes this morning:


This is getting serious, folks. I only have enough coffee for tomorrow morning.

The birds are battling furiously at the seed feeders. I hope it's not this crowded in the coffee aisle, if I ever get there.


The Oregonian carrier was able to deliver the paper this morning, no problem. The snow was over the top of my boots wading out to get it from the box. We parked the Outlander at the top of the driveway so we wouldn't have to shovel our way out. You can barely see it top left center.

Note the empty spot next to my Subaru, which I might see again in the spring. That's where the Outlander usually parks. I'm laughing at the snowflake mobile...


When I went out for the paper, I took my trusty camera. Here's the car, ready to go, after we sweep it of course.

And here's the view back to the house. Rather Christmas Card looking, I'd say.

Here's an amusing photo of our skylight. Looks like obscured glass...frosted pattern.


They finally called from Home Depot to say our vanity tops were in last night. Great, I said, I'll ask Santa and his sleigh to stop by and pick them up. The next photo of these cabinets should have a sink and faucets. Perhaps even tomorrow, if we're lucky.The radio just said it should break later today, and not snow Saturday. Should be enough time to get the vanity tops and coffee. Then it will start up again, with an even bigger storm. Time to make a run for The Dalles. This time I'll bring my camera so you can see how beautiful the gorge looks in snow. Stay tuned.

No comments: