Thursday, December 25, 2008

Visibility is Good

I actually saw a patch of blue sky when I woke up this morning. What a Christmas present! It didn't last long, but it was there, I saw it. The flight to Boston went off this morning, so here's hoping it brings the girls back tonight. I booked a room at the Hampton Inn in case it's a horrid drive down I84. If it's bad in daylight, it will be worse at night.

We'll head out early. It will probably take a while!!!!

Update: It was a pretty snowy drive, but we made it to Portland. The snow turned to rain in Troutdale, the snowy highway to slush, the drivers from cautious to crazy, so we turned off and went to McMenamin's Edgefield for a pint of porter and some early dinner. The kids' flight was delayed a couple of hours so they'll be in around 10. We're camped out at the hotel, waiting...

1 comment:

Bean said...

you go girl! My fingers are crossed to pick up your babies! Get the flock together, then you can get snowed in afterwards! Merry Christmas!