Monday, October 15, 2012

I Want Candy

I know, it's bad for your teeth. Too much sugar. And a pretty awful song, recorded by the Strangeloves in 1965.

No, I'm talking about Candy Crowley, the CNN commentator chosen to host tomorrow's Town Hall forum debate. I've watched Candy for years. She's one of the top political women in business. She's got the chops, paid her dues and then some. So why are the campaigns all a twitter? They're afraid she might go rogue if the limited Town Hall format makes for a dull debate and focus on real questions? A la Martha Raddatz? Oh please, yes.

I personally was rather annoyed that she got the short straw on the Presidential Debate draw. I'd have given Jim Lehrer that slot. I know, hindsight. 

Candy, bring it! I'll be watching, and hosting a party with lots of other people watching.

No comments: