Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ten Days...Make Them Count!

I needed a little perspective, so I turned to a trusty friend out in Spokane. Thanks, Val.

We have ten days. Ten. We need to make our time count. The house will be cleaned, the leaves raked, the garden pulled after November 6th. We can't have this time back to help re-elect President Obama.

Some people are really upset about the sign problem we are having. The disappearing signs are NOT important. Tracking down who is taking them is NOT important. Contacting voters IS important. Face to face, in our HQ, on the streets, in the grocery line, on the phone. We have to be sure every vote gets into the hands of the Auditor. Here at home and out in the rest of the country. This is all about VOTES.

She reminded me that every minute I waste trying to find more signs, I could have called a voter to remind them to mail their ballot. Remind them that the Governor's race 8 years ago (before my time) was won by 77 votes! So, 2 or 3 votes per county CAN and DOES make a difference. I do remember that Obama won Klickitat last time by 21 votes. That's less than one per precinct.

So, if you want to camp out and wait for someone to try and steal or deface your signs, set up under an EZ Up tent, with lots of signs, and make GOTV calls with your cell phones.

But really, you can do it from the warmth and dryness of your own home. Click here to get started.

To all my lady friends out there, there's a women's call tool on the Obama website. Click to get started!  http://ofa.bo/WfOCallTool

For my local friends, we're generating call lists to remind our Klickitat folks to get those ballots back in! We're in a vote by mail state...NO EXCUSES!

 

No comments: