Friday, June 8, 2012

Look Out Charlotte!

Today I got some FANTASTIC news. As I got into the car to ride back to White Salmon from Toppenish, I got a text from my favorite Democrat in the whole world telling me she'd be joining me in Charlotte for the National Convention, as a delegate from the great State of Texas.This is just so exciting, I can hardly contain my joy. Charlotte will never be the same.

If it wasn't for Susan, I probably wouldn't be doing all that I am today. We met online. Not a dating service, wise crackers. She wrote a column for a local rag called the Fort Bend Star. I would turn to her column every week when the paper showed up on my doorstep. I started commenting on the online version. We became E-mail pals. I started showing up at Dem events.Then came the fateful day when I infiltrated a Fort Bend GOP meeting headlining Tom DeLay. She was under the weather and couldn't go herself, and was looking for someone to fill in. Since it was at my kids' high school (and I was a sub there and knew my way around) I volunteered for duty. I got myself dressed up. Put on all my cubic zirconium jewelry, blew dry my hair and actually put on make up. I wanted to blend in as a Sugar Land Republican. I had a tape recorder in my bag so I could accurately report the goings on at the meeting.

Fenway Fran was born.

So, Charlotte, I have to warn you. Trouble is coming your way. The good kind of trouble.

And speaking of the Fort Bend Star, go on over there right now and mess with them. They've got a presidential poll going on. Click on Barack Obama. A lot.

No comments: