Friday, August 31, 2012

My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to GO!

In just a couple of hours I'll be putting my bag and backpack in the car and heading to Portland to begin the Great Convention Adventure. A short night's sleep at the Ramada, and I'll be on a very early shuttle to the airport. Hope there's enough time for a Gustav's breakfast!!!!

Delegates around the State are doing the same, many flying out of Seattle on the same flight...what a blast that will be! I'll have my eyes peeled for Oregon delegates as I leave PDX at 5:55 am, and since I change planes in Houston, I'm sure there will be some Texans on my flight to Charlotte.

This week I've been overwhelmed with info about events, workshops, receptions, speakers...I can't worry too much about it until I get there. Since last Wednesday I've been busy with the County Fair, delivering signs, emailing reminders, making more earrings, houseguests, a fundraiser dinner and debate watch, a haircut, finding yard sale items, watching the RNC and Comedy Central, and getting all the laundry done so I have something to pack!

Many many thanks to all the wonderful people who donated to my hotel bill fund by buying my earrings, attending the BBQ and debate watch, and just plain writing me a check! Due to your generosity my hotel bill is now covered. You know who you are. Watch your mail next week.

I'm  hoping the wifi is sufficient for regular updates and posting. If there's nothing at this site, look for me on Facebook (my page and Klickitat Democrats), on the Klickitat Democrats Website, and on the Northwest Progressive Institute Advocate. If I can make deadline, there may be something in the local paper next week as well. I'll do my best to keep up, though, so you all can be there with me!




No comments: