Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yet Another New Side Gig

Last month I wrote about attended a blogging workshop in Seattle. As a result of that, I'm also practicing on my quick turnaround blogs so I can help cover the convention. We had to send in a 200 word piece the week after the workshop on the topic of our choice. I wrote mine on the selection of Julian Castro, Mayor of San Antonio, as a keynote speaker at the Convention, having noticed other bloggers had written earlier about Elizabeth Warren and Bill Clinton. With a little bit of Texas in me from my two tours of duty in the Houston area, and a fondness for San Antonio, it was an easy thing to write after a bit of research. I didn't even notice when it got published August 6th.

Sunday night I was writing a piece for this site about the unfortunate Rep. Akin. I put it to bed and slept on it. In the morning, there was a request from NPI for someone to submit something for the blog on this very subject. I did a little more work on it, and sent it off. Here it is, with fabulous editing by Andrew, looking much better than it would have had I just posted it here!

Now that I see how what I wrote became what it is, I'm getting the picture of what they're looking for.

So it looks like I'll be putting out lots of words from Charlotte in lots of places: here at The Pahk, on my FB page, on the County Dem website and FB page, on NPI, and in the White Salmon Enterprise. Who needs a press credential when you've got a delegate pass?

No comments: