Friday, August 17, 2012

Two Weeks to Charlotte

Two weeks from now, I will be at the Ramada PDX, my car parked for the next 11 days, and my bags packed for the 5:55 AM departure time for Charlotte via Houston. Today we got more great info from Jaxon: calendar of events, FAQs, talking points, how to pack and my personal favorite, prohibited items.

Most of them are straightforward. No firearms or weapons or knives or toys of firearms, weapons or knives, no fireworks, pepper spray or mace, razor blades, scissors, needles, screwdrivers...I see no mention of corkscrews. Leave your chemicals, radiological and biological materials, bullhorns, air horns, flashlights, laser pointers, whistles and drums at home.

Only the media can bring in tripods.

No glass OR plastic bottles, metal thermoses, soda cans, or coolers. Can I bring my stainless steel water bottle? Come on, it's Charlotte, NC in SUMMER. I need my water bottle.

Here's one: no produce (whole fruit). Are they afraid someone will throw it? I'll stick to clif bars. And speaking of throwing things, leave your baseballs, softballs etc. back at the hotel.

Your animals are not welcome, unless a guide dog. I get that. Oh, absolutely no unopened envelopes or packages. We will not tolerate anthrax scares. No way. No how.

No banners, signs or placards. Well, damn, I wanted to bring my Klickitat placard from the State Convention. Oh well. I'll keep it in my room so I can say it went to Charlotte.

No chairs. Seriously? I was really gonna carry a chair to the convention.

Stay tuned for more Charlotte travel tips!

No comments: